Why Study MBBS in Philippines?
In India there are approximate 370 medical colleges that proffer 50,000 MBBS seats between them. Despite of having the most number of seats all the students are not being that lucky charm to get an admission in medical. The reason behind this is the half of the seats are allotted to private colleges and each of that seat cost 50 lack capitation each..! The figure is definitely astounding and that is the reason that students are biased towards other countries that offer the same level of standards in terms of education, accommodation and significance of the degree. Philippines is a perfect spot to study MBBS. Philippines have a decent interface with the western world, which helps students from all over world. Students going to study MBBS will feel at home as the Filipinos are great hosts. They will are incredibly cordial and polite. The Philippines boasts of safe country and ensures secured living for the other students who come to study on MBBS in Philippines. Among them MBBS in Philippines is being the first choice of the Indian student as Philippines caters MBBS course at a very affordable rates along with caters numerous advantages in contrast to other countries.
Top Reasons to Study MBBS in Philippines FROM CAREER MAKER
- The MD in Philippines is recognized and approved as an equivalent course to the MBBS by the MCI (Medical Council of India) who has established and maintain uniform standards of medical education.
- Philippines medical universities are widely renowned in many countries for the superior standard of education and also have listed in the WHO, IMED and ECFMG medical education directories.
- Professors in the Philippines universities are coming from different countries, including USA and India who are highly qualified and experienced in the allied field.
- Philippines medical colleges are regulated by the Philippines ministry of education and that is why Philippines colleges do not have any capitation fees as well as no donations to be paid for enrollment.
- Another advantage of an Indian student is the climate of the Philippines. Philippines climate varies from 23 °C to 32 °C throughout the year, which is very alike to the Indian climate helps Indian students in settling with no trouble. The other advantage of the similar climate is, people having the same pattern of disease which aids to the Indian students who want to practice in India.
- There is no any donation required to enroll in Philippines medical college, unlikely to Indian medical colleges.
- Philippines follows US education system that opens numerous opportunities to make a career in English speaking countries inclusive of UK, USA, Australia, Canada, etc.
- The English medium of instruction diminishes the barrier of learning the native language and helps to concentrate only on the study.
- All the medical colleges in Philippines emphasis on practice over theorygive you greater extent of practical experience that helps you during practice.
- The entire faculty of the Philippines medical colleges is co-operative and ready to help you in every query.
- As the MBBS degree of Philippines is recognized by MCI, you can practice in India after completing the MCI registration formalities.
- The MBBS degree of Philippines is recognized by every major country, that proffers you great career opportunity of working in the US, Canada, Australia and other developed countries without any extra course.
- The living cost at Philippines is very less compare to other along with there is very mere difference in Philippines currency and Indian currency that makes Philippines more affordable.
- We have a large number of messes and team of Indian chefs to make all the Indian dishes available for Indian students at affordable rates.
- India and Philippines both havea tropical climate that helps you to quickly adjust to the Philippines climate.
- Listed on the 12th as the most populous country in the world, hence you will have greater opportunity to practice with a varied and large number of patients.
- You can easily communicate with patient and a local as the Philippines is the 3rd largest English speaking country where almost 94% of Filipinos speak English.
- If you are planning to migrate at US, there is good news for you. The student can crack the USLME parts I and II in Philippines only under the guidance of medical professors.
- Philippines is also renowned country for MD, the students coming from US, UK, Germany, France, Australia, Japan and South Korea is an evidence of it.
- If we look at the data of past years and today, the number of Indian students enrolling for MBBS in Philippines are drastically increased shows its worthiness.
- Excellent flight connectivity from India offers easy commutation throughout the year
- Philippines embassy is very liberal, that means it is easy to obtain a student visa and quick processing of documentation.
- To study MBBS in Philippines approx 20,000 students enroll every yearthat showsprominence of the Philippines is not only limited to the India.
- Universities of the Philippines not only prepare for medical practice, but also prepare students for the MCI screening test.
- In Philippines getting an admission in Manila would be the best for foreign students as it is the most secure city in the world in terms of crime.
Who can get Admission in MBBS?
The criteria set by MBBS colleges in the Philippines are very moderate:
- Student should have 17 years completed before 31st Dec
- Open categoryStudent should have passed out 12th science with a 50% aggregate of physics, chemistry and biology
- SC/ST and OBC Student should have passed out 12th science with a 45% aggregate of physics, chemistry and biology
- Must have passed out English
If your details are complying with the above mentioned criteria, then you are eligible to get an admission for MBBS in Philippines.
Pre Requirement to get admission in MBBS
Cost of MBBS in Abroad
Studying MBBS in Philippines is undoubtedly a good choice for those who want to be a doctor in the future.But, the high capitalization fee of the home country is very expensive.The colleges for MBBS in Philippines do not have any capitation fees as well as no donations to be paid for enrollment, moreover the college fees of MBBS in Philippines is regulated by the Philippines ministry of education that makes it is very affordable over MBBS colleges of other countries. Additionally, the currency rate of the Philippines and India is merely differing with the 0.45 INR rupees only that apparently indicate a lower living cost as well. In a nutshell, overall cost of study MBBS in Philippines would be low compared with studying medicine in UK, US and other countries.
Food Facilities in Philippines
We as a foreign education consultant, not only take a liability to enroll you for MBBS in Philippines, but also comprehensively take care of your living and food requirement as well. That means at the Philippines you will get a complete array of healthy and hygienic Indian food from our canteens inclusive of North Indian & South Indian. Whether you are going to enroll in AMA University or Fatima University, we ascertain that you will get a complete Indian dish very nearer to every college and hostels.
Option Available for MBBS
We as a foreign education consultant introduce two options for MBBS in Philippines,
- 4 years of MBBS course after pass out 12th science
- 5 years of MBBS course after pass out 12th science
Hostel Facility in Philippines
Universities to study mbbs in phlippines provide hostel facilities for their students. It has twenty-four hours guards along with CCTV camera for the students’ safety. A number of the hostels are located outside the university campus, however they are managed by the university. Hostel is fully furnished and equipped with beds, fans, air conditioner, sofa, dining table, microwave oven, fridge, washing machine, study tables and cupboards. If you want, you will also be permitted to stay at an accommodation of their choice, but that is allowed only following the first semester.
What are the enrollment rules to study MBBS in Philippines?
The initiative step to enroll for MBBS in Philippines is to appear in the NMAT (National Medical Admission Test), it is a nationwide examination required to get an admission in the any medical college in the Philippines. Thereafter, the next procedure is to submit your documents inclusive of mark sheet of secondary and senior secondary examination as well as international students ought to submit a photocopy of their transcript and birth certificate. These required document submission is mandatory for those students also, who need to convert the tourist visa in to student visa. Moreover, you need to submit a clearance certificate from the local police and no objection certificate from parents to enroll for MBBS in Philippines. At the end make sure that all your documents notarized and attested by the Local Embassy.
What makes Philippines campus congenial to study MBBS in Philippines?
There are several reasons that have enticed students to study MBBS in Philippines and among one of them is its congenial campus, where you will get every facility at the affordable fee. No matter it is accommodation, food or other facilities, you will get clean, fully furnished rooms, the various foods of every corner of the world to fulfill the craving of every international student. Moreover, the campus offers you Wi-Fi facility that you can access throughout the day as well as the library loaded with books subjective to your course, open whole day to bestow you utmost support for your assignments and study. In Short, an ease of accessing every need within the campus with no efforts makes it more likable for local as well as international students to study MBBS in Philippines.
World class Medical Education in Philippines
The Philippines medical schools are graduate schools offering the Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree. The M.D. is a four-year proficient degree program which qualifies the degree holder to take the licensure exam for medicinal specialists in the Philippines. Studying MBBS in Philippines has advantage such as good weather and low medical colleges for indian students. Philippines is the third biggest English talking nation in the world. This gives an open door for students to think about different projects in Philippines. Philippines have one of the better medical education systems in Asia. Philippines take after the American arrangement of instruction and thus students can likewise get credit exchange choices to study solution in USA, or to study medicine in Caribbean districts as well.
What are the categories of a student visa to study MBBS in Philippines?
There are various types of visa that Philippines embassy permit to study MBBS in Philippines, but the first step towards the seizing the permission is to apply for a student visa. Here, we have mentioned two types of visa that we recommend to study MBBS in Philippines.
This visa is issued in Philippines embassies abroad and it is not issued in the Philippines. If you are going to apply for this type of student visa to study MBBS in Philippines, you will get a visa which needs to renew on every succeeding semester.
Exchange Student visa:
This visa is issued to officially designated exchange professors, researchers and students coming from foreign universities. If you are going to apply for this type of student visa to study MBBS in Philippines, you will get a visa, which is valid until the end of the exchange agreement or scholarship contract. Moreover, in case of agreement is extended, it can be renewed for further time.
What are the mandatory documents to study MBBS in Philippines?
- Valid Passport
- Application form for student visa
- Three photographs of applicant
- Medical health certificate of the applicant (life size, chest x-ray and laboratory reports)
- NOA (original notice of acceptance)
- CEA (Police Clearance Certificate authenticated by the Philippine Embassy)
- Visa fee
What is the admission process to study MBBS in Philippines?
For students’ convenience, we as a foreign education consultant proffer two choices to instigate the admission procedure.
Choice 1: Fill in the online application form shown on the site.
Choice 2: Download the application form, fill up and send us scanned copy to our specified email id that is: CAREERMAKERASIA@GMAIL.COM
- On the receiving of your form details to study MBBS in Philippines, we analyze the entire form details and write back to you in form of questions, comments or details.
- If the details given by you are absolutely perfect, we submit your application to the admission committee for international students of the university.
- On the submission of the application, university will give us the instruction as to accept the given application or reject it.
- If the concerned university instructs to proceed with the admission of the student, promptly we intimate you.
- In the admission procedure to study MBBS in Philippines, we take whole responsibility to do all the formalities and send you the acceptance letter from the university.
- Students need to deposit the tuition fee in the university account directly, once all the formalities are fulfilled by us.
- Next is, student need to apply for the visa at the nearest embassy or can say consulate of the Philippines in your country.
- When the visa is issued, you notify us of the student’s date of journey to study MBBS in Philippines.
- Student travels to Philippines before some days of the new term.
- On the next day of arrival, the student pays the tuition fee to the international student department and joins the course of MBBS.
- In case of query pertaining to MBBS in Philippines, student can come to our office located in Philippines at any time; our office is open for 24x7 to assist students.
Top Medical Colleges in Philippines
The Philippines is renowned country for medical colleges, there are several medical colleges which all are regulated by the CHED stands for commission on higher education and follows US education system throughout the course that is developed by centering core development of each student that incorporates theories, practical, technology, research videos, seminars, problem dealing, communication skill and much more. The high competitive environment of colleges for MBBS in Philippines has enticed each to augment the quality of education, facilities and other needs of the student.
Based on the passing student ratio, government of the Philippines has listed top ten medical colleges in the Philippines, but in a quest of universities that are more likable for foreign students, we as foreign education consultant profoundly inspect each university and list out top universities of the Philippines which are:
- AMA Medical University
- Angeles University Foundation
- Bicol Christian College of Medicine
- Cagayan State Medical University
- Emilio Aguinaldo College of Medicine
- Manila Central University
- Our Lady of Fatima University
- University of Perpetual Help
Ama Medical University
Yash Overseas a leading foreign education consultancy in India is associated with the AMA medical University located in the Manila. The University offers 5 years of MD course which is equivalent to the MBBS course of India.
What are opportunities after MBBS
MBBS in Philippinesis a key to unlock varied doors of opportunity and prosperity. An MBBS degree from Philippines opens door of every country to evolve a flourishing career.
- You can enroll for post graduation or hospital management courses
- You can opt forclinical research jobs or start for clinical practice
- Stayin Philippines and work in the same country by cracking the licensure exam.
- Stay in Philippines and enroll in masters, master of health service, master of administration or master of public health.
- You can switch back to India and start working as practitioner by cracking the MCI screening test.
- You can migrate to USA and start working as a practitioner by cracking the ECFMG certification and USMLE examination
- Likewise, you can migrate to Canada or Australia and start working as a practitioner by cracking the Canadian & Australia Medical Council licensing and State registration exam.
MD after MBBS
MBBS in Philippines not only opens the door for a job opportunity, but also gives an opportunity for the further study. You can either enroll for MD (master of medicine) or for MS (Master of surgery).You can enroll in the post graduation course at the any desired English country like Canada, Australia, America and UK after the completion of MBBS in Philippines as Philippines follow US education system as well as the medium of instruction and education is English. The MD course is about 3 years and can be enrolled in almost 78 MD or MS courses that you can study in any country having English as an instruction language.
- DM – Infectious Diseases
- DM – Organ Transplant Anaesthesia& Critical Care
- DM – Critical Care Medicine
- MD – Thoracic Medicine
- MD – Sports Medicine
- MD – Family Medicine
- MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology
- MD – Aviation Medicine/Aerospace Medicine
- MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine
- & Critical Care Med.
- MD – Medical Genetics
- MD – Rheumatology
- Master of Family Medicine
- MD – Palliative Medicine
- Master of Public Health (Epidemiology)
- MD – Blood Banking &Immuno. Haem./Imm. Haem. & Blood Trans.
- MD – Tropical Medicine
- MD – Maternity & Child Health
- MD – Pulmonary Medicine
- MD – CCM
- MD – P.S.M
- MD – TB & Chest
- MD – Skin & VD &Lepxsy
- MD – MD- Skin & VD
- MD-Transfusion Medicine
- MD – ImmunoHaematology& Blood Transfusion
- MD – Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine
- Master’s of Physician
- MD – Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- MD – Pathology & Microbiology
- MD – Emergency Medicine
- MD – R & D
- MD – Anaesthesiology
- MD – Anatomy
- MD – Aviation Medicine
- MD – Bio-Chemistry
- MD – Bio-Physics
- MD – Community Medicine
- MD – Dermatology
- MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- MD – General Medicine
- MD – Community Health Administration
- MD – Geriatrics
- MD – Hospital Administration
- MD – Health Administration
- MD – Lab Medicine
- MD – Microbiology
- MD – Nuclear Medicine
- MD – Obstetrtics&Gynaecology
- MD – Ophthalmology
- MD – Paediatrics
- MD – Pathology
- MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy
- MD – Pharmacology
- MD – Physiology
- MD – Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- MD – Psychiatry
- MD – Radio Diagnosis
- MD – Radiology
- MD – Radiotherapy
- MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine
- MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases/Medicine
- MD – Venereology
- MS – Obstetrics and Gynaechology
- MS – Orthopaedics
- MS – Anatomy
- MS – ENT
- MS – General Surgery
- MS – Ophthalmology
- MS – Anaesthesia
- MS – Medicine
- MS – Neuro Surgery
- MS – Traumatology and Surgery
- MD/MS – Anatomy
- MD/MS – Ophthalmology
- MD/MS – Obstetrtics&Gynaecology
Jobs Availability after MBBS
As the MBBS in Philippines follows US education system, it gives you brighter career opportunities after completion of MBBS. You can enter in any country and practice as a doctor just by cracking the respective exam of any country to own the permission for working. The various employment areas for the doctors are as below:
- Hospitals or Medical Foundation or Health Centers: There are numerous private and public hospitals where you can work as a junior doctor
- Biomedical companies and laboratories: If your forte of interest is research
- Medical Professor:Students are welcome to any medical colleges that follows the English medium of instruction